Friday 18 September 2015

Kevin De Bruyne; Mourinho only spoke to me twice


Kevin De Bruyne has opened up on his mystical Chelsea spell in an interview with Telegraph.

Kevin De Bruyne only featured in just 3 Premier League matches for Chelsea during his stay at Chelsea before he was sent out on Loan
to Werder Bremen and then made a permanent move to Wolfsburg to end all Chelsea affiliations.

After making a club record signing worth £55 million  for Manchester City thus bringing him back to Premier League the Belgian International recalls his past about his stay at Chelsea, the bitterness, the struggle and the resentment but he has no regrets though.

He fails to Understand Jose Mourinho's assessment of him and the accusation he laid on him to be lacking the fighting spirit or not ready to fight for his place. Thou Mourinho never said it to his face but he told that to the media.

De Bruyne also claimed that the Chelsea manager only spoke with twice during his entire stay at Chelsea.

Impossible as it may seem, i'm sure De Bruyne means a formal one-on-one conversation, 

“I didn’t get any explanation. “I only talked with him twice, Mourinho.

That was before the Champions League game against Basel, where he said I was doing better, in his opinion and that I would get my chance. I think that was maybe November.

“And then one week before January, that’s the day I said I wanted to go out because even if I was training better, I was not getting any minutes.

So for me personally, it was better to go.’

You can’t compare with me two years ago at Chelsea. “It’s a different situation and I am a completely different person than I was then.

“I was nineteen when I signed and then worked with three managers and just didn’t play that much.

“I had come from Werder Bremen, where I played every second, so the difference was huge. I wasn’t even on the bench.

“I was probably a bit eager to play all the time at Chelsea and maybe should have taken it a little bit more slowly.

“But I don’t regret it (leaving). I just wanted to go at that time, either a sale or loan. I just needed to go so that things could be better for me personally.

“I am not somebody who talks a lot with the coach, though. I didn’t do it in Wolfsburg and I didn’t do it at my other teams. I just tried to do my thing.

“But of course, you want to know sometimes what he thinks and what you need to do or what he thinks you need to do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment