Friday 7 August 2015

Jose Mourinho sign new 4-year contract with Chelsea

Chelsea Football Club has announced that the manager Jose Mourinho has signed a new four-year contract.

The new contract extension will keep the Portuguese Manager at The London club until 2019.  

Mourinho said: ‘If the club is happy, I am happy. I think this is a normal thing for me to sign a new contract. It is important we have this continuity and I hope we can enjoy more success in the future - for the fans, the players and the club."

‘I said when I returned here two years ago that I have a special feeling for this club and nothing changed. It is the club closest to my heart and I am very happy to know I will be staying here for a long time.’

Marina Granovskaia who is the Club's Director also said: ‘We are very happy that Jose has committed four more years to the club. Since his arrival two years ago he has carefully developed the playing squad and brought trophies to Stamford Bridge. We look forward to the next four years and the continued success of the team.’

Chelsea won their first Premier League title in five years with Mourinho Last Season, and also winning the Capital One Cup. 

Mourinho's first 3-years at Chelsea saw them winning the Premier League twice, two FA Cup and Two League Cup as well, before leaving for Inter Milan and Real Madrid.

Mourinho has a 70% win rate in the premier league which is better than any manager in Premier League history, and Chelsea's 95-point haul in 2004/2005 is still unmatched. 

No comments:

Post a Comment