Friday 24 July 2015

Mourinho; Kevin De Bruyne lacks fighting spirit, he doesn't want competition.

Kevin De Bruyne may be a top target for Manchester City, but Chelsea manager doesn't fancy having him back at Stamford Bridge.


Even though Manuel Pellegrini would be willing to go all out and spend a whooping €70million on the Belgian international to bring him to Etihad stadium, Mourinho was never and will never be impressed with the young players lack of will to play in a competitive squad like chelsea

"I sold Kevin because he has a weak mentality to play for Chelsea" says Mourinho

Kevin De Bruyne left Chelsea in january transfer window of 2014 in an £18 million deal after struggling for playing time.

Kevin has been a success in the Bundesliga, helping with 20 assists last season which attracted the interest of Manchester City, but Mourinho has said he won't regret it, and won't make attempt of re-signing him.

"I am happy for him, because he is a good kid," he told reporters. "I wanted to keep him. But he couldn't handle fighting for his place in such a competitive squad."

"He told me it was not in his personality to be competing for a position in the team. He needed a team where he knows he can play every game."


He continued: "I told him, 'This is Chelsea. You are very young, you have Eden Hazard, you have Mata, you have Willian, you have Schurrle, and I cannot promise you that.'

"He told me he was not happy. He was not training very well, I was asking for more and he was saying, 'I can't give you more. This is just my way'.

"So yes. I accept that if this his mentality and that if it is his choice to go, it is better for Chelsea to make a good deal.

"We sold him, made our money and it was fantastic because we bought him cheap and sold him for a fantastic price. Now Wolfsburg, if they make a fantastic deal, that is good for them."

No comments:

Post a Comment