Monday 20 July 2015

Theo Walcott ready for new contract

Theo Walcott has openly expressed his desire to extend his contracts with Arsenal but has equally said he's not going to rush the signing of the contracts.


He is now the longest serving Arsenal player after the departure of Abou Diaby, and wants to stay a little longer.

The English man joined the North London club when he was 16 in 2006, and he's now targeting more title glories after scoring in last FA cup final.

“My agent has talked to the club, I enjoy playing for this club so I am just letting them crack on with things and I’ll continue playing football,” Walcott said.

“We’ll just play the waiting game and see what happens but I’m sure it won’t be long. This squad, for me, is one of the best I’ve been involved in. I want to be part of that”

Walcott still has a contract that runs till next summer, and contract extension negotiation with the player has begun. Both Arsene Wenger and Theo Walcott believe he is now an integral part of the team and ready to fulfil his potential at the club.

Walcott's contract is worth £90,000 a week which he signed 18months ago and now he wants £100,000 a week, to keep up with some of the players in the club.










No comments:

Post a Comment