Tuesday 5 May 2015

Nigerian Billionaire, Aliko Dangote declares interest in buying arsenal

Bloomberg, not the usual source for major international football news, have come up with the goods in a fascinating interview with Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote, Africa’s richest man, confirming he wants to buy Arsenal.

Aliko Dangote is a cement and commodities tycoon, who’s is valued at $15.7 billion according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
Dangote attempted to buy Arsenal back in 2010, however that bid never came to fruition. That setback has not deterred Africa’s richest man, however, from continuing to have the dream of one day owning the Gunners.
The 58-year-old told Bloomberg:
I still hope, one day at the right price, that I’ll buy the team. I might buy it, not at a ridiculous price but a price that the owners won’t want to resist. I know my strategy.
We have $16 billion-worth of investments in the next few years. Right now I want to take my own business to a certain level. Once I finish on that trajectory, then maybe [I’ll bid again for Arsenal].
American billionaire Stan Kroenke is currently the controlling shareholder at Arsenal with a 67% stake in the club.
Red & White Sec Ltd., controlled by Uzbek billionaire Alisher Usmanov and Farhad Moshiri, are the second biggest shareholders with 30% of the Gunners.
Dangote is an Arsenal fan but has criticised Arsene Wenger in the past, claiming that the 65-year-old “needs to change his style a bit” and warning that the club “need new direction”.

No comments:

Post a Comment