Thursday 14 May 2015

Evra fires warning to Suarez; you'll feel my presence

The Uruguayan was banned for racially abusing the France left-back during their time in the Premier League and they are set to cross paths again in the Champions League final



Juventus left-back Patrice Evra has hinted that Barcelona striker Luis Suarez is in for a rough ride when they cross paths in the Champions League final.

Suarez was banned for eight matches by the Football Association during his time at Liverpool after he was found guilty of racially abusing Evra while playing against Manchester United at Anfield in October 2011.

The Uruguay striker has always maintained his innocence, however, and upon returning from his suspension he refused to shake the defender's hand ahead of a match at Old Trafford.

The two are now set to face off once again when Juve take on Barca in Berlin in June and Evra has suggested that it could be a lively affair.

"A lot of people ask me this question; it doesn't matter," he replied when asked by reporters about the prospect of playing against Suarez, who will also cross paths with Giorgio Chiellini, the Italy defender whom he bit at the World Cup.

"The most important thing is I play the final, you know. I am proud to be what I am, I am proud about my colour and I will shake his hand, it is no problem, but I will make sure he will feel me on the pitch."

Having played in the 2004 final for Monaco, as well as three during his time at United, Evra is set to line up for his fifth Champions League final in Berlin.

And the France international has insistsed Juve have nothing to fear despite facing a Barcelona team spearheaded by the prolific trio of Suarez, Neymar and Lionel Messi.

"They are human beings. People forget that on Juventus' team a lot of players have already won the Champions League. They play as well in [other] finals, like myself, my fifth final.

"You never know. I believe in everything because, if I don't believe we can win against Barcelona, I will ask the manager not to play me."

No comments:

Post a Comment